Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about our eco-friendly products, what to expect on your first visit, and more!
Yes, we supply everything we need for cleaning. All of our products are eco-friendly, gentle, and safe for just about any surface in your home.
We use a variety of natural, eco-friendly products and we’re always looking for new products to try! One of our favorite brands is BonAmi. We love this brand because it’s eco-friendly and it works. We also like plain old vinegar, baking soda and essential oils for their powerful cleaning and disinfecting properties. Of course, we will also use your products, if you wish.
Before we use any product, we make sure to research it and know its ingredients. Even though vinegar is a great cleaner, we know not to use it on your marble, granite or similar surfaces. For these surfaces, a lot of times, soap and water is the best cleaner! Other than that, our all-purpose cleaners are safe for delicate surfaces.
Our prices are comparable to other well-known services in the area but there are many reasons our cleaning might cost a little more than some individuals. Here are some of the more important things to remember:
- We are a locally owned and operated business- We don’t have to answer to anyone higher up! That means, we can move your belongings to clean under, between and behind them, wash your dishes and do other things those franchise companies won’t do. We give you a truly custom cleaning!
- We are licensed and insured- It’s rare to find an independent cleaner that is insured. If you hire someone who doesn’t have liability insurance and they break something or clean something with the wrong cleaner, you are likely to have to pay for the damage yourself. With Nooks and Crannies, your belongings are safe! While our training and knowledge will prevent most accidents, if something were to happen, you’re covered.
- All of our team members are highly skilled and professional. We aren’t just laborers, we’re cleaning professionals. That means we really know our products and how to use them. We also know the different needs of the various surfaces in your home.
- We use our own, natural products- A lot of independent maids, as well as big companies, require you to provide the products and equipment they need to clean. This is an added cost that many people don’t think of! After each cleaning, you might even need to wash rags, sponges, and mop heads, change vacuum bags or make sure your cleaner will have enough supplies for the next cleaning. In addition to that, they may not read the directions or may waste products, costing you even more. We don’t want you to have to worry about any of that! After we clean, there will be nothing left for you to clean up or put away! After all, that’s our job!
- You’ll see the same faces every week- We don’t just send over anyone who is available! We will do everything we can to send the same team or team leader for each visit. Your team will know your house and how you like it to be cleaned. Of course, we do have some turnover so we can’t always guarantee the same two people.
- We pay higher salaries and offer benefits- Our cleaners are paid several dollars more, per hour than cleaners at other companies. We also offer free dental insurance, paid time off and bonuses. This allows us to get higher quality, more professional workers! You’ll notice the difference!
All employees of Nooks & Crannies are carefully selected for their high energy, powerful work ethic and attention to detail. They are then trained to use their products efficiently and effectively. We will try to send the same team each time but if they are absent, we may send a different team. If you want only your main team, please let us know and we will make sure we don’t send a substitute if your team isn’t available!
No, you do not need to clean before we come (that’s our job!) but we do ask that you put away or organize items so that we can clean more efficiently. This may include picking up children’s toys, stacking papers, magazines and books, clearing sinks and other tidying up. This service is also offered for a small cost. Ask us for more information!
Gratuity is not required or expected but we certainly welcome it! If you do leave a tip, it will be split equally between the members of your cleaning team. Special holiday tips are split between your regular team, in the event that you get a different team for that cleaning. If your team did a fantastic job, you may also contact us and let us know and we will give each team member a $5 bonus on your behalf!
We always encourage you to contact us if we missed something or did something wrong. We will discuss options with you and decide how to handle the situation.
Personal check or cash are preferred, but if you would like, you can also pay by credit card through our website portal.
You may change your package at any time! We do, however, ask that you contact us as soon as possible so that we can allow enough time for any changes. To change your package or add another room, just call or email us and we’ll discuss it with you. If you would like your team to skip a room or area of your home one week, just leave a note with your payment and they will make the requested change.